Helper & Management Rules.
- All players should have proper roleplay name.
- Supervision of faction leaders and members.
- Supervision of forum posts.
- Supervision of discord members.
- Find and report trouble makers.
- Proper discord nickname for members who have rules IORP_Verified.
- Management or helper are not allowed to use there powers for own usage.
- Management or helper can use there power for valid reasons only.
- Helping all players is, first priority of management and helper.
- Bad behavior is not allowed.
Community staff will take actions if not management or helper failed to fulfill above jobs.
- Permanent removal from your post.
- Temporary suspension.
- In case of misuse powers, permanent ban from IORP.
if any player, who is removed from management or helper post. can not join back to this positions ever again.
- your account will be deactivated if your forum username is not as the same as iorp.in
- every posts which does not contain image URL, which can not open with post. will be deleted.
- report evidence such as image not open on website, we will remove it and does not handle it.
- You are not allowed to reply on posts who doesn’t belong to you. Such as Faction Applications, Unban Requests etc.
To follow is the list of common role-play rules that every role-player should understand and follow.
God modding is when a character features god-like abilities, such as invincibility, mind control, or other unrealistic powers that might not fit with lore. Another form is when your character does something impossible that could kill them.
Example: Eric would grab the sharp edge of the sword with his bare hand, not having his palm or fingers cut in half.
Another example: Luke would punch his opponent chest, despite it being covered with armor, it would break through and impale him despite not having any enhancement, or claw on him.
Meta gaming is when a player applies out of charter retrieved information to their in-character, such as having information that only several in-characters players knows, and you obtained it without having your character there, or by just hearing it from others out of character.
Example: A player watches a role-play about a secret item, that only they would know. That said player would enter a role-play with them talking about the items, which he doesn’t know of.
Auto is when a player performs an action without giving the affected players a chance to respond to those around him. More advanced role-players will go into detail with their actions and emphasize their attempts.
Example: John grabs the target by the neck and kisses them.
Lore breaking is when a character breaks lore, which is anything that likely affects a character or scenario. The basis for these commonalities is origin, culture, and known historical events. Lorebending, a similar term, is when existing lore is lightly modified (Hence the term lore bending), but not significantly or in a way that detracts from the role-playing experience. Often this has to do with ideas that are neither supported nor contradicted by existing lore.
Example: Broaven the Rellekan sailor is an established water mage and heads into the settlement to meet up with his other shipmates and use his magic to help them on their next trip.
Power-playing occurs when a player operates someone’s character without the other player’s consent. The most blatant example of this would be a player writing, “Your character falls off the cliff when he walks up to it.” As you can see, you take active control of what the other character does. Not only is this not fair to the other player, but it’s also discouraged because often players will misconstrue the behaviors and personalities of characters they didn’t design. Power playing goes into more subtle situations, however.
Saying, “Sally charges towards Jack so fast that he wouldn’t be able to react enough to avoid it,” can also be considered a violation of this rule since Sally’s player has controlled Jack’s abilities, possibly in a way that doesn’t accurately represent his character.
A Mary-Sue is a specific kind of character that has a lot of feats, and no flaws. A Mary-Sue is any character (of any gender, age, race, or species) who fits one or more of these descriptions:
A character who’s too perfect, lacking realistic or logical flaws, or whose flaws do not affect them in any ways.
A character who’s exactly like their creator, except idealized or made “better”.
A character who’s far too powerful, especially whose abilities exceed that which is possible for his/her race in the setting of the story. Particularly if said character has abilities that do not exist within the boundaries of the story’s world. Often these characters are technically legitimate, but are very, “Look at how unique and cool I am!”
A character who’s cliched, having qualities or characteristics that are overused by people trying to have a powerful/perfect/cool character. This includes but is not limited to the traits listed as Popular Role-Play Trends.
One way to test if you character is Mary Sue is by taking this test.
Role-play is about creativity and while these rules are not just needed they can at times during very deep and important role-play points be a bit constricting. That being said, like many things in life the rules of role-play are not the be-all and end-all. It takes skill and knowledge to know when one can bend one of the above rules to affect a role-play in a positive manner, this is usually done in small groups where the people involved know what they are getting into and are okay with it. This takes a long time to understand and should only be attempted by advanced role-players.
Always keep in mind that the purpose of role-playing online is to have fun - for everyone, not just yourself.
IORP Team with
- Deathmatch reports are unacceptable at forum because if anyone killed you then immediately use /alexa yes to prevent deathmatch, you will also get revived for deathmatch with 50% life.
- any person who found guilty for breaking roleplay rules will be banned without warning from management.
- there is a permanent ban punishment, if any player does not use /rpmode when needed or misuse /rpmode.
- We can disable your account if your character name is not a valid roleplay name.
- Once you join server, management will verify your details and contact you if they want you to update something.
- IORP contain paid content, This is your sole responsibility that you use strong password and not share with anyone.
- Every online payment made on iorp.in is non refundable.
- Your account can be banned if your name at forum.iorp.in and iorp.in does not match.
- Multiple account for same user does not allowed.
- Don’t use fake accounts to earn money because our p2p initiative keep the record of your incomes. so don’t do this foolish things to waste our time.
- if you found any player who is playing outside the rules, your priority to report him/her on forum immediately. In case of faction member, Mention faction leader on your post if you know him/her. you are not allowed to take any actions on your own.
- for government related issues such as corrupts cops, higher prices of resources. You have to report those activities to Justice Department immediately. you are not allowed to take any actions on your own.
- we can disable your account, if you found misusing roleplay commands. read roleplay rules for more informations.
- Sharing invite links without management permission will result in permanent ban, no unban request will be taken for that.
- Disrespecting any of management will result in permanent ban, no unban request will be taken for that.
- if you have complains regarding management at discord please report to community staff on forum.iorp.in
- if you ping someone too much. will result in permanent ban, no unban request will be taken for that.
- Faction leader can not resign or change his faction without permission of management.
- Faction members are not allowed to resign/leave faction for one week after joining.
- Faction Leader can kick you anytime if they found you doing misusing of faction powers.
- You can not argue leaders after they given their decision.
- You can not ask anyone to accept your application.
- If your faction application rejected, then you can not apply any faction for next 24 hours.
- It’s all faction members responsibility to keep the faction timeline updated, action will be taken if haven’t updated since last 48 hours.
- if any citizen has problem such as misuse of faction powers, please file a case with justice department. Management will not help in that case.
- if you are in any COP related faction you can not switch to mafia or Vice Versa.